Saturday, January 23, 2010

happy as a KING
























....alot of people don' know what a
SEKRIT SAP I can be.....

...I luv this song: I first heard it while watching
the awesome BBC Television production
of DENNIS POTTER'S "THE SINGING
DETECTIVE"
......with the ever amazing
Michael Gambon.....

....there's a montage where the writer
remembers his sad childhood...a sunday after-
noon spent about his disfunctional family....with
all the tensions of parents who no longer know
how to be happy with one another...if ever they
did...

...I'd be whistling and it would just spring to my
lips...where ever I walked.....

I associate it with happier things though....
...walking in a park under an achingly blue sky....
or laying about with some one
you dig.......or floating in a hot tub of water...
a cold beer nearby...watching the sun beams
fluttering about the ceiling.....

THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU

6 comments:

nancy said...

ain't so sekrit no more, Jem. would that sap be maple-flavoured maybe (Canadian, so couldn't help asking)? as an actor meself, i love monsieur gambon. he is amazing at everything he does but i've not seen this series (don't have un t.v.). will seek it out via laptop. love the song. i love old songs. i used to o.d. on Lady Day a bit too much growing up, but what a way to go, hey? soooo. now i REALLY feel like a stalker. i'll leave you alone now and try not to post again for a good bit. happy week, johnny.

johnny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johnny said...

I wouldn't worry so much about the stalker thang...I think we just have alot to jaw about....

...and yes, You need to watch the singing detectve...it is one of my favorite t.v. drama mini series....

johnny said...

I wouldn't worry so much about the stalker thang...I think we just have alot to jaw about....

...and yes, You need to watch the singing detectve...it is one of my favorite t.v. drama mini series....

nancy said...

hey. um. just for the record. i didn't mean anything rude by er. um. that maple sap comment. not a thing. sometimes, even when you're an adult, you can still carry a lot of childhood innocence. at least, i cling to it. i know others that do, too. the world tries to beat it out of us, i think. anyhow. i just realized how that coulda been..misinterpreted in some way. just when you say "sap", all i can think about are the blue buckets the mennonites around here tie to the maple trees the end of March/beginning of April. Maple syrup is one of my favourite things on the planet. (i'm a little proud to be Irish-Canadian).

i will have to mebbe track downt he singing detective online somehow, cuz i don't have one of those boxy things sitting in the corner anymore. i love detective series. don't love musicals all that much, but the concept does sound hilarious. i'm sure it's worth seeing with him in the lead. will have to check it out somehow.

ta ra for now.

Anonymous said...

Remember this was the song that was playing over Phillip's grandfather sitting next to his daughter's COFFIN?

In their LIVING ROOM??

Cheery little film. LOOOVED the opening instrumental by the Harmonicats, I wish they had released the soundtrack but I don't believe they ever did, prob. securing all the copyrights would have been a nightmare.

And I loved Imelda Staunton, her first major role I think.