Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the TRASH heap: POSTSCRIPT





Who knew that on my latest trip to the G-WILL that I would also discover it to be a conduit for soul searching...which is apparently what I have been doing alot of on a subconscious level....

This poem was hiding amoungst the frames on the shelf...and usually I am buying the frames for future art projects...not for what is in the frame...usually cliche or amatuerish...(again, Not being a snob...)...But there is was the DESIDERATA: I had thought it was part of the teachings of some wiseman...Plato, or the writings of some medieval monk....

Turns out it is the work of an attorney turned philosopher from Indiana....written in the 1920s...though ironically, a rumor was widespread that it was discovered in St Pauls Church in Baltimore, Maryland...and had been written anonymously in 1692...around the time the church was founded....not, as in fact the case, by MAX ERHMANN....who knows why this happened....

...but there it was...And I had seen it before...written it down in fact, from some source I had forgotten....I had no idea my soul was in such a quandry, but when I saw it again it was a shock....is if some force had been reading my mind....and knew it was what I was crying out for...it is hanging on the door in my room now...and has been giving me strength for days now....

Goodwill: land of second hand goods, and sustenance of the soul....


No comments: