Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LONG time gone.....

Someone I knew...long time ago....when I first moved to Seattle almost 20 years ago now...(eek)...played this song for me...and it has HAUNTED me since then....I have always wanted to hear it again....

Tonight upon arriving home from work...I somehow managed to think to look it up correctly...and was able to find this site where I could hear it in it's entirety
for free.....

It is still very bit as beautiful as I remember...

I have to qualify this by saying that I do not care for alot of Irish traditional music...(though I just found out this band is actually from Scotland....perhaps part of why it was so hard to find...? I find it, as a genre, too sentimental...if that means anything...forgive me.....(though I will also say, that WAKING NED DEVINE, the Irish film, has gone A LONG WAY to turning my sentiments on that issue...AN AWESOME FILM...see it right away...)

Anyway....listen to it and judge for yourself...I think this song is utterly beautiful....

THE TANNAHILL WEAVERS: (CULLEN BAY album), Braw Burn the Bridges

(click on "PLAY BUTTON" icon in top left corner, and select "play full song"...you'll need to wait a few secong before prompt will appear...)

Can't understand the lyrics? Read them here...I think I wanna learn these by heart, so I can sing this at the top of my lungs whilst stumbling home drunk in the future: I tend to wanna sing when really ripped at times...)

No comments: