Tuesday, September 2, 2008

JEALOUSY and what to do about it...






Yesterday...I was sitting on the couch, "minding my own business" and happened to look out the window....AND THERE, floating down the Hudson, was this big contraption.....something, as I got a better view through my handy-dandy binocs, that resembled something outta TOM SAWYER.....and there were people crawling all over it....











I got onto a mailing list for this hip little gallery up in BEACON, NY. near DIA's museum....and I get them all the time, so I recognized what I was seeing right away.....I wanted to be on that boat, or, actually boats....there are about 7 of them all lashed together at points during their trip....They have been traveling down the river for over 2 weeks I think....How do people get invoilved in this shit? Or do you just simply DO IT YO'SELF...? I guess either one is true....SO, I continued to think about it as I went about my "business"....










Later, I decided to go for a walk along the riverside bike path...something I do at least 4 or 5 times a week now that I've found the southern arm of the trail running down the west side of Manhattan.....There is so much variety to the trail...and yesterday there were tons of people milling about.....I ended up walking from my place at 141st all the way to the pier at 70th...which ain't such a big deal to those who know me.....











And who should be tied up at the pier but these very same boats!!! And there was some doofous on a jet ski doing all sorts of look-at-me tricks for them in his spandex suit.....EEKKK....











It seemed like such an odd coincidence...and they were all laying about on top of the boat drinking beer, and eating hotdogs....It just seemed like the life to me....










I wandered down a bit farther...past couples at the waters edge dancing to music from a boombox, playing accordion style music....God I LUV THIS TOWN, I thought....I jumped on the 1 train and headed back to my place....it was after nine when I got home, with all sorts of visuals floating in my head from my big walk....










I discovered today that a last minute show has been added tonight, at the very pier I found them at, so I will be heading back down this evening...maybe I'll convince them to let me stow away on board....At any rate, they'll be in LONG ISLAND CITY, next Sunday....and I may have to go see them there...If tonight is any indicator.....

2 comments:

Eero said...

That IS the life for you!

I'm sure you could charm your way aboard with some of your natural sparkle....

bugheart said...

you are
meant
or the
tom sawyer life
pony.
i love
love
love
that last
photo.
so boo-
tiful.
xo
pickle.