Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I AM NOT ALLLOWED TO PEE IN NYC

Today I went downtown to court...WHY?

Well, a month or so ago, I was at a friend's birthday party in Brooklyn...on my way home I decided I couldn't wait until I got home to HARLEM...(a good 45 minute ride...assuming I got on the one train right away..)...SO, what did I do? I looked around for a discrete spot to relieve myself...It was a quiet area, and I couldn't justify going back to my friends as they were already getting into bed when I departed, so I stepped behind one of those BIG containers they park next to the sidewalk when they are gutting a building...it was further hidden by a tall stack of pallets or some such privacy-inducing material. AND was under a tree for added shade...Behind me was a school...closed at 2am...BUT a cop happened to see me duck-n'-cover, and came to explore..."HEY, when you gotta go, you gotta go..." I said. A minute later, and he would never have known I was there....

I was all ready with a statement when I arrived at court....But, all that happens is that there is an officer of the court who mearly assesses your verdict solely on whether you are guilty....No testifying or allowed explinations....So it was "FIFTY DOLLARS" from the crabby man and whether I wanted to pay or not...I could have made a court date, and now I wish I had just on principle...but do I really want to spend so much of my valuable time on such a minor thing?

So, I just want to say: NEW YORK CITY....BEFORE YOU START WRITING ANY MORE CITATIONS TO PEOPLE FOR PUBLIC URINATION...HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY PROVIDING A GODDAMNED PLACE TO TAKE A PISS...IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO FIND A PLACE IN THE DAYTIME, IN MANHATTAN...AT 2AM? IN BROOKLYN? LONG AFTER ALL THE GOVERNMENT OFFICES AND LIBRARIES ARE CLOSED? WHAT ABOUT RESTROOMS IN THE SUBWAY?! WHAT A CONCEPT..AND IF I AM NOT COMPLETELY INSANE, I BELIEVE I HAVE SEEN THEM IN SUBWAYS IN OTHER CITIES/COUNTRIES...SO HOW ABOUT IT NYC? HOW ABOUT PONYING UP AND PROVIDING SOME BASIC SERVICES...AND NO, 6 NEW RESTROOMS ON MANHATTAN EARLIER THIS YEAR IS NOT ENOUGH...THERE ARE OVER A MILLION OF US HERE LAST TIME I CHECKED...PICK UP THE PACE ND GET YER HEAD OUT OF YER ASS!!!

Ironically...I was trying to find a place to pee TWICE, later this same day...and the library I went to didn't even have a public restroom....words failed me....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your golden showers vigilantism aside, here's the link to Rudy from Generation Kill's IMDB page

johnny said...

WOW!! Okay, you have my attention....

ej said...

hi sweetheart, i am so proud of you. almost as proud as when my brother in law got a DUI on a bicycle.

joe shlichta said...

There oughta be
a place to pee
in NYC
for you and me.

johnny said...

word....Trust me...I believe a little "retalliation" is in order.....